Monday, August 3, 2009
Did You Know???
Did you know?
• More than 90% of the world’s unreached people groups are found in the 10/40 Window, an imaginary rectangular area extending from 10 degrees to 40 degrees north of the equator and spanning the globe from western Africa to eastern Asia.
• There are approximately 12,000 people groups inhabiting the world today.
• 6,600 people groups have not heard the Gospel.
• In the year 100 AD, there was one Christian for 360 individuals.
• By 2007, there was one Christian for 9 individuals.
• In the year 100 AD, one church had to reach 12 different people groups.
• By 2007, there were 600 churches to reach one people group.
• 97.6% of the world’s missionaries work among the reached or evangelized.
• 2.4% of the world’s missionaries work among the unreached or unevangelized.
• 5.4% of all money given to Christian causes goes to Foreign Missions.
Of all money given to foreign missions globally:
• 87% goes for work among those who are already Christians.
• 12% goes to work among evangelized non-Christians.
• 1% goes for work among people groups in the unevangelized / unreached category.