Pages

Sunday, October 25, 2020

Where are the Shephards of Mizoram (Aug 22 2020)

 Feed my sheep ~ Jesus Christ

So where are you? Pastors, Elders and Deacons
This is a call of your flock, your people;
Heed our cries and woes, misery and sorrow,
Who else can we turn to but you overseers,
For relief from our plight and distress in these times?
The churches closed we know, we grasp;
We don't demand no entry, the law we abide.
Have you forgotten though where I lay the night?
How about the outlet next door you just left with a basket full?
I reside still here, where you pass by each day;
My bad, I didn't mind you driving by without a glance,
That was then, oh revered and honored shepherd.
My bottle of comfort has dried, my needles blunt now;
Am all but frail and feeble, weak and down, just not yet out;
So I try, yes on my own, to find solace from above.
I just flip the pages, not sure of where to start.
Like the old pun, fixed my eye on the right side as I open;
You must have read it, It was meant for you;
John 21:16
When they had finished breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon, son of John, do you love me more than these?” He said to him, “Yes, Lord; you know that I love you.” He said to him, “Feed my lambs.” He said to him a second time, “Simon, son of John, do you love me?” He said to him, “Yes, Lord; you know that I love you.” He said to him, “Tend my sheep.” He said to him the third time, “Simon, son of John, do you love me?” Peter was grieved because he said to him the third time, “Do you love me?” and he said to him, “Lord, you know everything; you know that I love you.” Jesus said to him, “Feed my sheep.
This is why I write and not come in person, dear Sirs;
Aren't I among your sheep anymore? Have I been debarred?
Can't be too sure 'cause you haven't attended to me,
I can't say 'cause you haven't fed me for quite awhile.
But I remember well, your appointed worker a few days back,
With an envelope and my name on it, so I payed him.
Where I dwell, he knows, not far from the outlet you frequent.
Everyday I await to open my door to your smile,
The smile you wore as you spoke on 'Finding The Lost Sheep'
The joyful smile on your face with your 'In and Out of Season' sermon
This though, the battle of my mind and soul aches deep;
So I look elsewhere to balance my psychological state.
All I find are those you seem to despise, the misfits;
'Auditorium Church' - you called them and mocked, self ordained.
But oh Certified Shephard, I cry, 'Where art thou?'
Are you licensed just within the big white building?
On webinars - you are nowhere, youtube has not your voice.
You have a phone, it has a camera, that's all they have too.
Is technology inappropriate? Is it sin? But it's in your pocket.
I honor you so, I truly do, but you're silence is killing me;
Tend to us, let us be fed by you.
Scriptures below will tell you to come to us in this lockdown, in general, to labour.
Acts 20:28
Pay careful attention to yourselves and to all the flock, in which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to care for the church of God, which he obtained with his own blood.
1 Timothy 5:17
Let the elders who rule well be considered worthy of double honor, especially those who labor in preaching and teaching.
1 Peter 5:2
Shepherd the flock of God that is among you, exercising oversight, not under compulsion, but willingly, as God would have you; not for shameful gain, but eagerly;
This has nothing to do with condemnation nor any other bad intention. This is written to encourage church leaders and the youth leaders within to feed the flock.
Spread a short sermon video in whatsapp groups, organise a webinar meeting at the same time churches start, create a social media platform for young singers and musicians, artists, literature enthusiasts to bring out talents to glorify God.
Go to their homes and attend their family devotion. We all go out anyway right?
The devil don't sleep and it's eating their free time. An idle mind is a devil's workshop, remember?
There are many at home needing Christ.
You are the only Christ in this modern world that can be seen in the flesh.
omments

No comments: